Coventry University is a dynamic, global and transformational ‘Modern University’. With a proud tradition as a provider of innovative teaching and learning and a focus on impactful research, the University has established a robust reputation for pushing the boundaries of higher education regionally, nationally and across the world. It is also an award-winning University which refuses to rest on its laurels. It is ranked no. 12 UK university in the Guardian University Guide 2018, is the UK’s top new university (The Guardian and the Complete University Guides 2018), 4th for student experience and teaching quality (The Times and the Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017) and Gold TEF award.
The Head of the School of Art & Design will join at a transformational moment; the School has regularly achieved very high levels of student satisfaction, employability and league table position. The school also has a long standing and international reputation for its signature programmes, such as Automotive Design, Fashion, Illustration and Graphics, and has a vibrant suite of rising courses in the areas of Architecture, Games and Interior Design.
We are looking for an inspirational leader who can take the School forward through its next phase of development; we will establish radically new course-offerings and game-changing modes of teaching creative practice in our mission to define the 21st Century Arts School.
The successful applicant must have;
- PhD or equivalent
- Academic credibility built upon achievements through teaching excellence and research.
- Full understanding of a student-centred approach to curriculum development and programme management.
- A strong sense of the external market/environment and personal drive to take advantage of partnering opportunities.
- An understanding of modern and innovative approaches to teaching and learning including IT applications.
- Experience of managing a large-scale operation e.g. School/Department, Programme management and dealing with a range of staffing issues.
- Previous leadership and management experience of medium to large diverse teams in an academic context.
- Project management and planning experience in pedagogy.
How to Apply:
Enquiries or applications can be made, in confidence, to Ann-Maree Chadwick on +44 7408 954501 or email annmareec@wittKiefferccentric.comDownload the Head of School of Art and Design information pack here
At Coventry we are proud of our diverse student and staff population and commitment to;
Athena Swan Bronze Award
We have Athena Swan Accreditation which is a higher education accreditation for demonstrating commitment and excellence in gender equality.
Stonewall Diversity Champions
We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion which shows that the University is committed to having a positive attitude towards ensuring and promoting equality for LGBT staff and students.
Positive About Disabled People
We have Two Ticks Accreditation; this signifies that the University has a positive attitude towards the employment of disabled staff.