Coventry University is a dynamic, global and transformational ‘Modern University’. With a proud tradition as a provider of innovative teaching and learning and a focus on impactful research, the University has established a robust reputation for pushing the boundaries of higher education regionally, nationally and across the world. It is also an award-winning University which refuses to rest on its laurels. It is ranked no. 12 UK university in the Guardian University Guide 2018, is the UK’s top new university (The Guardian and the Complete University Guides 2018), 4th for student experience and teaching quality (The Times and the Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017) and gold TEF award.
The Head of the Law School will join at a transformational point; a time when the School itself has achieved consistently high levels of student satisfaction and employability and has moved 33 places in the Guardian League Tables. Law has been taught at Coventry University for more than 50 years and is gaining a reputation for its innovation at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Their degree programmes reflect their expertise in specialist areas of law, such as business law and international law, and the practical and professional experience of their academic staff. They also have strong links with local firms who provide insight and opportunities for students.
We are looking for an inspirational leader who can take the School forward into a new phase of development in course provision and delivery as well as building the international links. The successful applicant must have;
- PhD or equivalent
- Academic credibility built upon achievements through teaching excellence and research.
- Full understanding of a student-centred approach to curriculum development and programme management.
- A strong sense of the external market/environment and personal drive to take advantage of partnering opportunities.
- An understanding of modern and innovative approaches to teaching and learning including IT applications.
- Experience of managing a large-scale operation e.g. School/Department, Programme management and dealing with a range of staffing issues.
- Previous leadership and management experience of medium to large diverse teams in an academic context.
- Project management and planning experience in pedagogy.
For a confidential discussion about the role and the expectations, please contact Ann-Maree Chadwick via firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 7408 954 501. The closing date for applications is 29th September 2017.Download Head of School of Law information pack here
At Coventry we are proud of our diverse student and staff population and commitment to;
Athena Swan Bronze Award
We have Athena Swan Accreditation which is a higher education accreditation for demonstrating commitment and excellence in gender equality.
Stonewall Diversity Champions
We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion which shows that the University is committed to having a positive attitude towards ensuring and promoting equality for LGBT staff and students.